Copley Arms, Hessenford
The Copley Arms is a beautiful Seventeenth Century coaching Inn set in the picturesque village of Hessenford in Cornwall. Owned by St Austell Brewery but currently a tenancy with an excellent reputation for good food, superb traditional St Austell Ales and a warm welcome.
Hessenford is a small village nestled in the south east corner of Cornwall. Historically it grew up around the bridge crossing the River Seaton. We look forward to welcoming you.
Mike and Di Bradburn.
CUSTOMER SERVICE PUB OF THE YEAR (MANAGED) AT ST AUSTELL BREWERY ESTATE AWARDS JAN 2004.
We have 4 double en-suite rooms and 1 twin room with separate shower room
Facilities available in each room:
- Television with free sat
- Mini Cooler
- Radio alarm clock
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Please note that all rooms are non-smoking.
Check in time on the day of your arrival is 2.30pm
Check out time on the day of your departure is 10.30am.
We regret we cannot accommodate pets in our bedrooms.
All five of our rooms are of a high standard.
Four of the rooms are totally self-contained whilst the twin room has exclusive use of a shower and WC within 3 feet (bathrobe provided).
Prices for a double/twin room vary from £60-70 per room per night including breakfast, depending upon season, with a £15 discount for single occupancy.
The breakfast menu is varied and includes fruit juice, tea or coffee, cereals, toast and a choice of full English breakfast / Warm croissants with bread rolls, ham & cheese / scrambled or poached eggs on toast.
The rooms are in a separate cottage from the Copley although adjacent and access can be gained either from the restaurant or from a separate external door.
- Boating: Looe is only 5 miles away and has plenty of facilities for boating.
- Dancing: Plymouth is 12 miles away and offers clubs to suit most tastes.
- Fishing: Plenty of sea and river fishing available.
- Gamesrooms: Pool table available.
- Gardens: Extensive patio and tables alongside the stream.
- Health & Fitness: Lux-park Club in Liskeard is only 5 miles away.
- Music: Occasional live entertainment in The Copley but Looe town has several pubs providing music in particular The Ship, Fore Street, Looe
- Play (outdoors): Adventure playground with soft base
- Swimming: Plenty of swimming at Seaton Beach (2 miles), Looe Beach (5 miles), swimming pool at Millendreath and Hannafore point Hotel (within 10 minutes)
- Riding: Several riding stables within 5 minutes
- Walking: Many country walks and cliff walks close by
- Watersports: Excellent watersports available at Millendreath
- Other: Seaton Beach has large recreation facilities for football and basketball
- Parking - onsite: Large car park set beside the stream
Please call to discuss your requirements.
Food & Drink
We have two restaurants at the Copley seating approx 90 people. The Stables Restaurant and the River View Restaurant which can be used for many private functions including weddings, birthdays and all other special occasions. This restaurant seats 50-60 comfortably and can also be used for conferences.
We also serve food in the bar area, and the outside seating areas which comprise a patio area with halogen heaters and jumbrellas, and riverside seating which is beautiful to sit by on those long summer evenings.
We have an extensive menu including chicken dishes, fish dishes, meat free options and some superb chargrill dishes. We also offer childrens meals, light bite options, bar bites and sharers for those with a smaller appetite or those just wanting a snack.
We also have set 3/4 course menus and buffet menus for those special occasions or group lunches / evening dinners.
Wherever possible we use fresh, locally sourced produce.
Our head Chef Errol has been at The Copley for over 10 years and along with the other members of the kitchen he produce
View The Copley Arms Menu -Click Here
Please note that the menu is correct at time of publishing, dishes and prices may vary, and are subject to availability.
The Copley Arms is situated 5 miles from Looe with the historic fishing village of Polperro close by. It is set in a picturesque village which itself is steeped in history, and in which the pub remains an essential part of village life.
- Main access routes:Airport/Rail/Coach Station at Plymouth: 12 miles
- Directions: From the end of the M5 follow the A38 through Plymouth and cross the Tamar Bridge. Continue down the A38 to the Trerulefoot roundabout and follow signs to Looe and Hessenford.
The Copley Arms
Telephone: 01503 240209
Fax: 01503 240766