Ship Inn, Fowey
The Ship is a traditional Inn with a warm atmosphere. It offers comfortable accommodation, good food, real ales and a very warm welcome.
Telephone: 01726 832230
The Ship is one of the oldest buildings in Fowey and was built in 1570 by John Rashleigh. It retains much of its original character including oak beams in the bar, a stained glass window in the dining room. The Ship is a traditional Inn with a warm atmosphere. It offers comfortable accommodation, good food, real ales and a very warm welcome.
Craig Kirby and Nicola McDonald and their team look forward to welcoming you.
We have five letting rooms:
- 4 Double rooms
- 1 Family/Double (double bed and bunk beds)
- 1 Twin
The principal bedroom still has the original 16th Century oak panelling.
- 2 Shared bathrooms with WC, 1 with shower and bath and 1 with shower only .
- Double/Twin is £60 per night.
- Single is £40 per night.
- Family is £90 per night.
- Oak room £70 per night.
Rates stated are bed and breakfast.
No parking. Pets accepted. Major cards accepted.
- Boating: The Ship is based within the beautiful, ancient port of Fowey. Yachting is a popular past time of many locals and visitors and there are also self drive boats available for visitors' hire.
- Fishing: Fowey is an ideal location for fishing. Local sea-fishing trips or fishing off the coastline.
- Gardens: The Ship is a perfect base for day-trips. Being within a short distance from the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan. Fowey is ideally located.
- Swimming: Closely located to some of the most scenic beaches in Cornwall. A short wander from the Ship will take you to Readymoney Cove or a short drive will take you to the popular beach in Polkerris. if you enjoy longer walks, within 30 mins, you can get to Coombe.
- Walking: There are many beautiful sights to be seen on the coastal path. Short walks or the longer circular coastal path will take you to Bodinnick and Polruan. For the more adventurous hikers many local towns such as Looe, Polperro and Charlestown can be reached - but may take some time!
- Parking: Main long stay car park at the top of a steep hill, Caffa Mill long stay car park is located at the end of town near the car ferry and Albert Quay is short stay for up to 3 hours.
Food & Drink
The bar is open 12.00 noon - 12.00 midnight Sunday - Thursday, 12.00 noon - 1.00am Friday &- Saturday and. Food is served from 12.00 noon - 2.30 and 6.00pm - 9.00pm everyday.
Family dining area, high chair available.
Daily specials and lunchtime snacks available.
All food is homemade and prepared with care.
Where we are: Walk down a steep hill (Lostwithiel Street) and into Trafalgar Square, the Ship is directly on the left. Main access routes:
Airports: Newquay, Exeter, Bristol Rail: St Austell (7 miles) Main Roads: A30, A38
Directions: Via A30 to Bodmin, follow signs to St Austell and then to Fowey Via A38 to Dobwalls, follow signs to St Austell and then to Fowey.
The Ship Inn
Telephone: 01726 832230
|< Prev||Next >|