Ship Inn, Mevagissey
Traditional Cornish Inn with 5 letting rooms, serving local real ales, locally sourced home cooked food and set near Heligan Gardens and the Eden Project.
Telephone: 01726 843324
The Ship at Mevagissey is one of Cornwall's most famous inns with a cult following from around the world, even as far away as Australia, attracted by its genuine unspoilt charm.
You will find fresh fish on the menu almost daily - weather permitting - and all the food is lovingly prepared and home-cooked.
The inn is always full of colour and is host to local musicians and players throughout the Winter. A real old Cornish pub which is always a pleasure to stay in. We look forward to welcoming you, Lee and Dianne Young and their team.
We have 5 letting rooms:
- 2 double rooms
- 1 twin bedded room;
- 1 room with a double and a single bed
- 1 room with a double bed and two singles
Check-in time is from 12 noon.
All bedrooms are en-suite with TV, alarm clock and tea and coffee making facilities.
Bathrooms: The family room with a double bed and single bed has en-suite bath with shower over. All other rooms have en-suite shower.
Rates start from, £35 pppn (£10.00 single occupancy supplement).
Rates stated include breakfast.
We regret we cannot accept pets in our bedrooms.
Unfortunately we rely on pay-and-display parking in Mevagissey, due to the size and nature of the village. Please use the first car park on the left hand side (Willow Car park) at the bottom of the hill, before you enter the village. The rate is approx £3 - £4.50 per 24 hours (depending upon the season). The car park is just a 2 minute walk to the Ship.
AA Quality Standard 3 Star.
All major cards accepted (except AMEX)
- Boating: Nearest Sailing School is at Pentewan.
- Dancing: "The Club" Nightclub in St Austell.
- Fishing: Fishing trips daily out of Mevagissey harbour.
- Gardens: Lost Gardens of heligan within walking distance. Short drive to the Eden Project.
- Music: Live music on Friday Nights throughout Winter months.
- Swimming: Polkyth Leisure Centre - Tel 01726 223344
- Riding: Numerous riding schools within the local vecinity
- Squash: Polkyth Leisure Centre - Tel 01726 223344
- Tennis: Polkyth Leisure Centre - Tel 01726 223344
- Walking: Coastal walks in all directions from Mevagissey.
- Parking - offsite: Local private and pay and display available
Food & Drink
The bar is open from 11.00am - 11.00pm Monday - Saturday and 12.00noon - 10.30pm on Sundays.
Food is served from 12.00 noon to 9.00pm in the summer. Winter:12.00 noon to 3.00pm and 6.00pm to 9.00pm.
Children are welcome with a special menu and highchair available.
We have a varied selection of local landed fish on our blackboards daily.
Pets are allowed in the bar.
We have live music at weekends and fun quiz in the week.
Where we are: Located in the traditional fishing village of Mevagissey and less than 2 minutes to the picturesque Harbour.
Main access routes: A30; A38; St Austell Railway Station
Directions: Take A30 to Bodmin, Follow signs to St Austell and then to Mevagissey
The Ship Inn
Telephone: 01726 843324
Fax: 01726 844368