The Blue Anchor is an inn steeped in over 200 years of history and is famously known for the visit of Lord Nelson's messenger Lapontiere of Ilfracombe on 4th November 1805. The reason for the visit was for a change of horses for 2 pounds and 17 shillings before he continued on his journey to London to bring news of Nelson's victory at the Battle of Trafalgar. A bronze plaque was erected on the wall of the inn to commemorate the anniversary in 2005. Today, the Blue Anchor sells quality pub food and St. Austell ales along with proper Sunday lunches with proper roast potatoes!
May & August Bank Holidays - Please give us a ring to find out about our opening times as hours may be increased!
As a result of some funding provided by rural pub champions, Pub is The Hub, we run a regular market here each month featuring local Cornish suppliers and producers. Please ask at the pub for the next market date.
Hayley Macintyre & Craig Biram
Where we are
Blue Anchor Inn, Chapel Road, Fraddon, TR9 6LS
Parking & Access
|Mon||12:00pm - 2:30pm / 5:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Tue||12:00pm - 2:30pm / 5:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Wed||12:00pm - 2:30pm / 5:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Thu||12:00pm - 2:30pm / 5:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Fri||12:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Sat||12:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Sun||12:00pm - 10:00pm|
Table Reservation is Available