The Perfect Pint - There's more to the perfect pint than just the taste.
That's why we've introduced the Seven Star Standard - seven ways to judge just how good your pint is.
1. SEE: Check for clarity - is it clear?
2. GLASS: Is it served in a clean glass?
3. QUANTITY: Is it served in a CE marked glass with no more than around 1cm of foamy head?
4. AROMA: Should be one or more of citrus, fruit, spice, malt or toffee. Sourness or butterscotch are not acceptable.
5. TEMPERATURE: We aim to serve our cask beers at cellar temperature (between 10-14c).
6. TASTE: Each beer has a unique flavour, but if it tastes sour, sulphurous, metallic or butterscotchy, please let us know.
7. TRY: The final standard might well be the most important: before you buy it, don't be afraid to try it.