Things may continue to be a little different for a while but even in these unusual times we can promise you the same warm welcome, in our pubs across the West Country. Great hospitality, delicious food, fresh draught beers and comfortable rooms. These things haven’t changed.
The safety of our teams and guests continues to be our number one priority, and we are following covid-safe guidelines in all of our pubs, inns and hotels.
We’re committed to adjusting to a new way of doing things and have invested in extra measures to give you peace of mind, while you enjoy the same great pub experience.
Here’s everything you need to know…
- Guests must wear masks when entering our pub, which can only to be removed when seated at their table.
- All of our pub team members wear face coverings, at all times.
- At least one member of every party must register for Test and Trace, using the new NHS app. Where possible, we would recommend that guests download the app before visiting our pubs.
- Gathering customer data for Test and Trace is a legal requirement and those who don’t wish to provide their details will not be able to enter.
- Guests who do not own a smart phone can speak with a member of our pub team, who will gather their data by other means. All data collected by St Austell Brewery will be deleted after 21 days.
- We close our doors at 10pm each night, in line with government regulations.
- We’ve maximised our large communal and outdoor areas to create more space for our guests.
- All tables are spaced in accordance with government guidelines.
- In line with government regulations, all orders and payments are taken at the table by a member of our pub team, rather than at the bar. Customers also have the choice to order and pay for their food using St Austell Brewery’s ‘Easy Order’ app.
- We’ve introduced enhanced cleaning practices and continue to ensure that there are dedicated team members on site to monitor this.
- There are multiple sanitation stations for guests in each of our pubs.
- Menus are digital, held in a wipeable holder – which is cleaned after every guest use – or disposable and recyclable.
- Cutlery and condiments are brought over to the table, once guests have been seated, and nothing is left out on the bar.
- In line with government regulations, guests must be seated in groups of six or less.
- All guests are greeted on arrival to manage the number of guests in our pubs at any one time.
- We’re promoting a ‘one way’ guest flow, with clearly signposted entrances and exits.
- All guests are encouraged to book a table in advance if possible, to ensure that arrival times are staggered.
- Guests are able to select and purchase their food and drink from their table, using St Austell Brewery’s ‘Easy Order’ app. The app is also a source for restaurant menus and general information.
- We’re encouraging contactless card payments where possible.
- We’re following all government guidelines and have been actively involved in scoping out best practice for the hospitality sector.
- All of our pub teams have received training on best practice when it comes to cleaning, hygiene and social distancing.
- We’re continuing to ensure that everybody involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our safe ways of working – including our suppliers and partners.
- Clear signage is displayed inside and outside our pubs, communicating health and safety guidance.
- We’re committed to regular and thorough cleaning procedures in our inns and hotels, as well as staff training.
- We provide detailed information for overnight guests prior to check in, with all of the necessary health and safety information.
- Minimal stock is left in rooms with all items being replaced for new guests.
- All hotel corridors have clear social distancing guidelines on display, to avoid pinch points in corridors.
- We’ve redesigned our check-in and check-out process for overnight guests, reducing paper contact.
- If you live in an area of the UK with a very high covid alert level (tier three or four), the government advice is to avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays, unless absolutely necessary. Guests who have booked a stay with us and live in a tier three area are entitled to a full refund, or can rearrange their stay to a later date.