Things may be a little different for a while but even in these unusual times we can promise you the same warm welcome, in our pubs across the West Country. Great hospitality, delicious food, fresh draught beers and comfortable rooms.
The safety of our teams and guests continues to be our number one priority, and we are following covid-safe guidelines in all of our pubs, inns and hotels.
We’re committed to adjusting to a new way of doing things and have invested in extra measures to give you peace of mind, while you enjoy your pub experience, catch up with friends and enjoy meals out with your family again.
Here’s everything you need to know…
- We’ve introduced enhanced cleaning practices and continue to ensure that there are dedicated team members on site to monitor this.
- There are multiple sanitation stations for guests in each of our pubs.
- Menus are digital or held in a wipeable holder, both of which are cleaned after every guest use.
- Cutlery and condiments are brought over to the table, once guests have been seated, and nothing is left out on the bar.
- We’ve maximised our large communal and outdoor areas to create more space for our guests.
- All tables are spaced in accordance with government guidelines.
- All orders and payments are taken at the table by a member of our pub team, rather than at the bar. Customers
will also have the choice to order and pay for their food using St Austell Brewery’s ‘Easy Order’ app.
- We’ve simplified our menu to ensure the safety of our kitchen teams and to help us deliver a speedy service.
- All guests are greeted on arrival to manage the number of guests in our pubs at any one time.
- We’re promoting a ‘one way’ guest flow, with clearly signposted entrances and exits.
- All guests are encouraged to book a table in advance if possible, to ensure that arrival times are staggered.
- Guests are able to select and purchase their food and drink from their table, using St Austell Brewery’s ‘Easy Order’ app. The app is also a source for restaurant menus and general information.
- We’re encouraging contactless card payments where possible.
- We’re following all government guidelines and have been actively involved in scoping out best practice for the hospitality sector.
- All of our pub teams have received training on best practice when it comes to cleaning, hygiene and social distancing.
- We’re continuing to ensure that everybody involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our safe ways of working – including our suppliers and partners.
- Clear signage is displayed inside and outside our pubs, communicating health and safety guidance.
- We’re committed to regular and thorough cleaning procedures in our inns and hotels, as well as staff training.
- We provide detailed information for overnight guests prior to check in, with all of the necessary health and safety information.
- Minimal stock is left in rooms with all items being replaced for new guests.
- All hotel corridors
will have clear social distancing guidelines on display, to avoid pinch points in corridors.
- We’ve redesigned our check-in and check-out process for overnight guests, reducing paper contact.
- In line with Government guidelines, all of our hotel guests are asked to wear face coverings in indoor public areas, other than when dining in our restaurant. These areas include main reception, stairwells, hallways, lounges and lifts.
To help the Government in gathering information for NHS Track and Trace, a member of our team will ask all guests to connect to our free WIFI and complete a form. We don't use these details for any other purposes and all information is deleted after 21 days.