We’re delighted to be welcoming you back to our pubs, inns and hotels across the West Country. We’ve missed you!
Things may be a little different for a while, but even in these unusual times we can promise you some familiarity and a warm welcome. Great hospitality, delicious food, fresh draught beers and comfortable rooms. From 4th July, all of that will remain.
We’d like to reassure you that the safety and wellbeing of our teams and guests continues to be our number one priority. We've been working closely with the government to ensure that pubs reopen in the best possible way and we will continue to do so.
We’re committed to adjusting to a new way of doing things and have invested in extra measures to give you peace of mind, while you catch up with friends over a pint and enjoy meals out with your family again.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to welcome you back…
- We’re introducing enhanced cleaning practices and ensuring that there are dedicated team members on site to monitor this.
- There will be multiple sanitation stations for guests in each of our pubs.
- Menus will be digital or held in a wipeable holder, both of which will be cleaned after every guest use.
- Cutlery and condiments will be brought over to the table, once guests have been seated, and nothing will be left out on the bar.
- We’ll maximise our large communal and outdoor areas to create more space for our guests.
- Tables will be spaced in accordance with government guidelines.
- All orders and payments will be taken at the table by a member of our pub team, rather than at the bar. Customers will also have the choice to order and pay for their food using St Austell Brewery’s ‘Easy Order’ app.
- We’ve simplified our menu. This will help to ensure the safety of our teams due to having fewer people in the kitchen. It will also help us to deliver a speedy service.
- All guests will be greeted on arrival to manage the number of guests in our pubs at any one time.
- We’ll be promoting a ‘one way’ guest flow, with clearly signposted entrances and exits.
- All guests will be encouraged to book a table in advance if possible, to ensure that arrival times are staggered.
- Guests will be able to select and purchase their food and drink from their table, using St Austell Brewery’s ‘Easy Order’ app. The app will also be a source for restaurant menus and general information.
- We’ll be encouraging contactless card payments where possible.
- We’re following all government guidelines and have been actively involved in scoping out best practice for the hospitality sector.
- All of our pub teams will receive training on best practice when it comes to cleaning, hygiene and social distancing.
- We’ll ensure that everybody involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our safe ways of working – including our suppliers and partners.
- Clear signage will be displayed inside and outside our pubs, communicating health and safety guidance.
- We’re committed to regular and thorough cleaning procedures in our inns and hotels, as well as staff training.
- We’ll provide detailed information for overnight guests prior to check in, with all of the necessary health and safety information.
- Minimal stock will be left in rooms with all items being replaced for new guests.
- All hotel corridors will have clear social distancing guidelines on display, to avoid pinch points in corridors.
- We’ll be redesigning our check-in arrival process for overnight guests, reducing paper contact.
To help the Government in gathering information for NHS Track and Trace, a member of our team will ask you to connect to our free WIFI and complete a form. We won't use your details for any other purposes and all information will be deleted after 21 days. If you have any questions, please ask your greeter.